Between preparing my manuscript, the Thanksgiving holiday, and various other things, blogging has fallen off the radar.
Standing here on the cusp of a new year, with such a big goal finally about to be realized, it feels important to pause and give thanks for all the good things that 2014 has brought, namely:
- The kids and their mom are happy, healthy and living together in their own home.
- Big Brother has a year of experience in the elevator industry under his belt.
- All the nieces and nephews are doing outstandingly well in school.
- The Princesses continue to explore their love of reading and creative writing.
- Baby Brother, not one to be left in the dust by his big sisters, is also discovering the joy of books.
- A broken refrigerator, two car accidents, and a lengthy furnace installation provided timely reminders of just how blessed we are to have so many modern conveniences.
- Since the kids and their mom moved out, Big Brother and I have been rediscovering the joy of simply spending time together.
- The kids and their mother have continued to attend my church, which brings me (and I suspect the other congregants as well) great joy.
These are just some of the highlights of a year that has been chock full of blessings for me and mine.
What did 2014 bring in your world? What are you looking forward to in 2015? Feel free to share in the comments.